Medical Records Clerk
POSITION: Medical Records Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Office/Operations Manager
JOB SUMMARY: This individual is responsible for scheduling all patient appointments with necessary physician in a professional and courteous manner, ensuring the patient feels welcome to the practice and continues coming here to receive top quality care, and monitoring and modifying physician-scheduling templates, as necessary, to maximize efficiency.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years minimum experience in medical practice.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively triage calls from patients to ensure appropriate scheduling.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Empathetic personality giving attention to patients’ needs and concerns.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Respectful treatment of patients.
- Appointment Scheduling
- Schedules all appointments with the appropriate physician to ensure top quality care for patients.
- Cancels and reschedules appointments, as necessary; follows-up on no shows.
- Answers all incoming calls and routes them to the correct department.
- Other duties as assigned