Patient Care Coordinator – Front Desk
POSITION: Patient Care Coordinator – Front Desk
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer/Practice Manager & Medical Records Lead
JOB SUMMARY: This individual is responsible for welcoming patients to the practice, checking patients In & Out of scheduled appointments and treating all patients in a professional and courteous manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic typing, english, and mathematical skills.
- Medical experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Motivation to succeed.
- Empathetic personality giving attention to patient’s needs and concerns.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Respectful treatment of patients and co-workers.
- Computer literate.
- Competency in problem solving and decision-making.
- Checks patients in, greeting everyone in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Tracks patients in the reception area and communicate with them, as needed.
- Evaluates chart data to verify all information has been received, completed, and signatures obtained.
- Verifies patient ID & enters and scans patient’s insurance card.
- Ensures that proper authorization or referral is collected from the patient.
- Assists patients in obtaining authorization or referrals that have not been received by the practice.
- Enters all new patient demographic information into the computer.
- Enters daily collections into patients billing
- Places telephone calls to no-show appointments; reschedules as needed.
- Provides back-up support on telephones.
- Inspects reception room for neatness.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Assists other front office personnel as needed.